Expand my Community achievements bar.

I am just trying to clarify that if we want to enable users to email an issue into a Request Queue project, using a POP account, those users that send emails to that POP account, they must also be registered users within the Workfront application.

Level 3

I am just trying to clarify that if we want to enable users to email an issue into a Request Queue project, using a POP account, those users that send emails to that POP account, they must also be registered users within the Workfront application. that there is no way for a user to send an email to a "generic" email account, then that email gets inserted into a workfront que, but the users that are sending those emails are not registered workfront users.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi - Before you even head down this road, have you talked to Product or Support. My understanding is that all POP email options are being removed in the 20.3 release next week. So this might be a moot question. ;)

Employee

Close!

We're removing POP from setup, with the goal to remove all POP from WF down the line.

No ETA as to when it'll be removed from Queue Setup, but in talking with our product teams, we'll have a replacement option that should work better.

To answer Shawn's question, the user has to have edit rights to create an issue in Workfront, so at minimum a Requestor license.

Thanks!

Level 3

For example, we have 5000 employees and we were looking to see if anyone of them could add submit an issue at anytime? there isn't a default email account they could send this requests to?

What we are saying every one of the 5000 employees would have to have an account / requester license created within the system in order for them to be able to submit a request?

thanks,

Shawn

Employee

Hey Shawn,

Every one of those people would have to have an account.

Requestors/reviewers do not count as paid licenses.

However, you could set up SSO with auto-provisioning and any new users that come in will be set up as requestors.

Here is our help article on configuring Workfront with SAML 2.0.

There is a section in there that goes over auto-provisioning users in-depth:

https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=workfront-classic&topicId=Content%2FAdministratio...

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Level 2

Is this still true (WF users only can email the intake forms) or has it improved/expanded at all?

Level 10

Thanks for reviving this issue I'm a bit vague even after reading the linked documentation. I do have a few questions if anyone with experience could take a minute:

Can I just make up an email prefix to go to the queue? (providing it's not a WF users email)

Does my made up email need to start with our domain? The example shows our domain followed by a number @intake1.my.workfront.com.

Could I just use something like "PTOrequest@intake1.my.workfront.com" or does it need to be "mydomain-PTOrequest@intake1.my.workfront.com"?

What if it has a form with required fields? How would that work?

Thanks