Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there currently a way to create a template for user profiles or copy an existing profile with the correct settings?

Level 2

Most of the new users I am adding have Reviewer licenses as they are only making requests for projects and not completing work. These users should all have the same notification settings, which is minimal compared to what is automatically selected. It is time consuming to manually change the notification settings for each of these users. I looked at the information for mapping user attributes and auto-provisioning new users but am not certain this is the solution. Anyone have advice?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Since you're talking about reviewer users, I would probably just say to create a fake user that is a Reviewer that has all the right settings, and then use it to copy from. You are able to get a "copy" command by looking in very specific places, such as the /users area in your instance (I've enclosed a screenshot of what you should be looking for).0694X00000FSw4aQAD.png

Level 2

Thank you, Skye! I was not able to see the "New from Selected Person" in the dropdown at first but now I do. I will create a fake user as you suggest and that should solve my problem. Thank you so much!

Level 10

Thanks Skye, I had forgotten about this. I may have to re-think auto-provisioning users and setting them up after. This may be a lot easier.