Expand my Community achievements bar.

Reporting: How come the project custom form info won't show up in the request dashboard? Is possible to add additional column wherein the latest update text or note (from the converted project) will prepopulate on the reporting?

Level 2

0694X00000DTNxyQAH.png0694X00000DTNx0QAH.pngI created a project custom form for our campaigns which I want to use for the reporting instead of the issue custom form0694X00000DTNzBQAX.png. The system admin created an issue reporting dashboard for all our incoming and current requests but I want to show project custom form fields like "target campaign launch date" and etc. that are not included in the issue custom form. The Project: Target Campaign Launch Date is blank? Is it because the type of reporting is an issue and not a project? Also, I want to add a section on the reporting wherein the last update (text or note) from the converted project will show in our dashboard. Should I add a notes section in the project custom form?

Thank you so much for help!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 7

Hi Frances,

You are correct. You're not seeing the Project : Target Campaign Launch Date because the report is associated with the Issue object. Create a new Project report and you'll be able to easily pull the fields from your custom form.

As for the Last update (text or note), it depends on how your users work. We have teams that comment and status using custom forms, i.e, we have a custom field called "Notes & Comments". This allows them to pull the field into a project level report and make updates directly in the report. Whereas if you use the Updates field, users have to navigate to that tab in the project to input any data which can be more time consuming.

Hope this helps,

Teale

Level 2

Hi, Teale,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. This is really helpful since I am managing our custom forms, reporting and dashboard for our team. Just to confirm, there is really no way for me to create a reporting that can pull both issue and custom forms right?

Best Regards,

Frances Tracy

Level 7

Hi Frances,

Sorry for the confusion. I was under the impression that you didn't want to change the reports on the dashboard and wanted a report for yourself with additional fields. You can definitely pull project level fields onto an Issue report.

If you open the report and click Add a Column, you'll see the Project "table" on the left, then open that and your project level custom fields listed there.

0694X00000DTS9oQAH.png

Hope this helps,

Teale

Level 2

Hi, Teale,

Thanks, I included project level custom fields on the issue report. However, even though the custom field on the projects has a value, it won't show up on the issue report. Like the project custom form field for target campaign launch date has a value but it's blank on the column of the issue report. The issue report only shows values from issue custom form fields.

Regards,

Frances Tracy

Level 7

That's another reason to approach the report from a different perspective. Create a Project report and pull the Issue data into it instead of the other way around. I'm able to pull the project fields into reports without any problems. I'm not sure why yours isn't showing up.

0694X00000DTSKmQAP.png

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Best -

Teale