Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

analyticsLogging: "client_side" doesn't work

Level 2

Hello all,

Has anyone ever got this to work?

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/integrate/a4t/a4timplementation.html?lang=fr#st...

I need to control whether or not to share de SDID between Analytics and Target, so I'm triggering this code when I don't have the user's consent to avoid sharing the SDID:

window.targetGlobalSettings = {
    analyticsLogging: "client_side"
  };

This is done in Launch before the "Load Target" Action is triggered but Target doesn't take it into consideration, I'm still getting the SDID in the following analytics hits, and I don't get the analytics payload in the response from the target call, even though I have this in the target call:

Willian_Z_0-1673901108593.png

I discovered I can block the analytics hit from getting the SDID if I do this:

s.visitor._isAllowedFlag = false;
//or in doPlugins:
s.visitor._supplementalDataIDCurrent = "";

But I don't know what could be the side effects of this (nowhere to be found in the documentation) and I prefer to stick to standard implementations.

Can anyone help me or Adobe take a took on this?

Many thanks,

Willian.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 2

@Willian_Z  Were you able to solve the issue.

In our case am not able to get the value for VisitorApi.getSupplementalDataID. Its always undefined.

May I know if reolved what all steps were involved?

Thank you for reading.

Administrator

Thanks for your question here Willian_Z, and thanks TulasiChaganti for your thoughtful follow up Q! 

CC:
Our brilliant Adobe Target Community Advisors, , and 
Our skilled and experienced Adobe Target Employee Advisors:  ,, , ,

And, our inspiring Adobe Target Community Mentors @abhilashsape@Gokul_Agiwal@Rajneesh_Gautam_@PratheepArunRaj, and @Sneha-Parmar