Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Reporting out of memory

Level 3

Hi there,

Can you please tell me how can I fix the following error that's popping out when I try to run a bespoke online report?

1337143_pastedImage_0.png

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

cc

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Carlotal,

First of all, you should indeed follow Adhiyan's advice:

increasing Javascript from 64MB to 512MB is almost mandatory for custom and complex reports on large tables.

In parallel, you should try to optimize the report queries: most of time, it is a question of too much complex groups in the page activity/list table, and often resolved by doing some groups/count by in the Query activity instead.

Alternative, when this is not a question of count/group by but more a question of lines count : restricting result set to a medium value, if possible for you.

But of course, it depends on each use case.
So please may you share more information about your page report/underlying SQL query?

Hope this helps.

Regards
J-Serge

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hello There,

Increase the memory defined in the Javascript section of the serverconf.xml file.

The javascript maxMB should be increased and followed by nlserver config -reload and you should be good to go.

<!-- Configuring the JavaScript interpreter

maxMB :  Maximum size in megabytes before running the garbage collector Default: 64

stackSizeKB :  Size of each stack chunk in kilo octets Default: 8 -->

<javaScript maxMB="64" stackSizeKB="8"/>

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 3

Hi there,

Thanks for this but is there an easy way to do this by just selecting it in the query?

Thanks,

cc

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Carlotal,

First of all, you should indeed follow Adhiyan's advice:

increasing Javascript from 64MB to 512MB is almost mandatory for custom and complex reports on large tables.

In parallel, you should try to optimize the report queries: most of time, it is a question of too much complex groups in the page activity/list table, and often resolved by doing some groups/count by in the Query activity instead.

Alternative, when this is not a question of count/group by but more a question of lines count : restricting result set to a medium value, if possible for you.

But of course, it depends on each use case.
So please may you share more information about your page report/underlying SQL query?

Hope this helps.

Regards
J-Serge

Level 2

Hii

I've the same problem "OUT OF MEMORY" in the reports sections, i wanted to try the solution of increasing the MAXMB from 64 to 512 but i cant edit the serverconf.xml file.

Im asking if there is other solution or a way to have access to edit the xml file.

Thanks.

Level 2

Hi Badr

If your instance is on premise, only then you would be able to access the serverconf.xml file.

However, in case it is a Adobe Hosted Solution , then you would need to file a support request from the support portal to have support staff to look into your request.

Regards

Anshul Sharma