Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Task Due Dates changed after assigning resources

Level 4
Hello, I'm trying to figure out why the Task Due Dates changed without being touched. As part of a demo, a project was created with a template, then a user was assigned with the resource scheduling tool, swap feature. The instant the User was assigned, they then received email notifications that the Due Dates on the 4 tasks they were assigned had all been changed by the Resource Manager, even though the resource manager hadn't left the resource scheduling page. Since the tasks were assigned through the swap tool, there was no risk of the dates being changed by assigning through clicking and dragging. Very curious & stumped by this, thank you. Andrew Beard Sr. Associate, LeapPoint "mailto:abeard@leappoint.com" abeard@leappoint.com 203-232-4090
5 Replies

Level 7
If the Resource had some "days off" in the schedule, would that affect it?

Level 10
Hi: Here is one thing to consider - If any of the resources had declared PTO/days off between the planned start date and planned finish date, then WorkFront would automagically extend the planned completion date by the amount of time off. That is a simplistic approach to handling the delay in the task completion because a resource won’t be there - mostly because the other resources will. If you used Calculated Work on that task, you’ll notice the planned hours increased for everyone, too. Check to see if any of the resources have time off while that task is planned to occur. Hope this helps! Eric

Level 4
Good morning, If someone is scheduled for PTO and is assigned to a task, is there some other workaround so that the task completion data is not changed? For example, the assignor gets a notification that the individual is on PTO, or the task is automatically assigned to someone else? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Mike Haleas DMD Marketing Corp.

Level 9
The ability to allow/disallow PTO to affect planned due dates is set to be released soon...sometime in the next couple of weeks I believe. Currently, as you make the assignment, I believe you get a "tool tip" next to the person's name showing that they have PTO set during the timeframe of that assignment. https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/2019-3-Project-enhancements-1332102832?language=en_US&r=5... Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group

Level 3
Hello there! It is very likely that the issue is the PTO, as many of you have mentioned. And as mentioned, a setting for this is forthcoming. You can see the Idea Exchange post here for release details and link to the documentation and demo video for the new setting: https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000PSNiAAO/detail Josh Hardman Product Manager, Workfront