Expand my Community achievements bar.

Repeated SignIn (Workfront)

Level 1

Hi,

in our Company we have the Issue that users have to SignIn very often when they try to open an Item that is at our Workfront Page.

They also have to put in their Phone number to receive a code to their phone to be able to SignIn. (Even tho they did this already several times.)

The SignIn works, but its frustrating and time consuming to have to do this several times a day. (Even tho the "Remember me" Button is used)

We tested this on several Devices and Systems, including Android/Ios and Windows.

I tried to find anything on Adobes Support Pages but i cant seem to find a related article besides one for Creative Cloud Desktop App, which isn't helpful.

Is this maybe a configuration that we can turn off?

If it is a problem, can you provide any solutions to this?

Best Regards

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10

Are you on SSO or the Adobe Admin Console? There is no setting in Workfront for multi-factor Authentication per se. You would have to speak to someone in your IT department.

In Workfront there is a setting in Setup>System>Preferences>"Automatically log users out after" where you can manually set the TTL for active logins. If this is set to a short time frame, it will log users out and they'll have to re-authenticate. Mine is set to 8 hours so there is only one login per day for them.

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/mysocalledideas

Level 1

Hi,

thanks for your advice.

We are using SSO indeed.

I tried to find the Settings you advised, but am not able to.

I log into our Workfront Admin Console and navigate to Setup->System->Preferences and see the following settings:

MarizelMi_0-1723638620552.png

I checked the documentation and can verify that there should be 2 options to set:

MarizelMi_1-1723638671110.png

Any idea where i can find those settings?

Are they even available in here if we use SSO?

Best regards

Level 10

Hi, Maybe it has something to do with the Workfront tier you're on. I think we're on Enterprise. Here's a screenshot of what I see on mine. You may just want to contact support and find out what the deal is. But first, you may want to contact your IT folks and see what they know about it. It could very well be an SSO setting.

Screenshot 2024-08-14 083634.png

Community Advisor

@MarizelMi & @RandyRoberts I've seen elsewhere in XL that once you're on admin console those 'automatically log users out after' settings go away, as you see in your screenshot @MarizelMi. Interesting and not great to hear that instead it asks users to sign in throughout the day. Agree with Randy to check with Support to see if this is the correct behavior or is a bug they haven't worked out with admin console yet...

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Community Advisor

Certainly is for me. It's super fustrating, but I now use a password manager, so its shortcuts make if fast to log back in. It's still extremely annoying.