Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issue calculated field referencing company custom field

Level 3

Hi! 

I am trying to add a calculation to an issue form referencing DE:Client requirements. This field is on the company object / company custom form. I am getting an error message that the field doesn't exist, but it does. 

Am I unable to add this because the company object is "too many tables away" from the issue object? If so, I assume there is no way to get the calculation another way?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You need to add where the company is being referenced from in your calculation. In this instance it's going to be on the project object, so your calculation would look like this:

{project}.{company}.{DE:Client requirements}

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You need to add where the company is being referenced from in your calculation. In this instance it's going to be on the project object, so your calculation would look like this:

{project}.{company}.{DE:Client requirements}

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 3

Thanks! Ya, at this point in the process the issue is not on a project that would have a company on it. (its just in the Queue project) so this is a limitation for my dashboards where I won't be able to reference the company client requirements until it's a project.