Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is there a field in an issue to see if it has been converted to a project?

Level 1

Creating report of all open issues/requests to ensure nothing has slipped through the cracks. Is there a way to see on an ISSUE report if the issue was converted to a project? I figured out the project report will tell what issue it came from, but I want the other way around.

6 Replies

Level 10

I had the same question this morning.

That would be here in the API:

"resolveOpTaskID": null,
"resolveProjectID": "62a123580086e5385d09bd8a06cdda96",
"resolveTaskID": null,
"resolvingObjCode": "PROJ",
"resolvingObjID": "62a123580086e5385d09bd8a06cdda96",

The code for your request is:

displayname=Resolving Object
namekey=view.relatedcolumn
textmode=true
valuefield=resolveProject:name
valueformat=HTML

Field name came Courtesy of William English

Level 1

Do I add one of these by text mode in the grouping of my existing issue report? If so how do I use the other?

Level 10

You would add this as a column on an issue report via text mode. This is the quickest way to see if an issue was converted to a project.

I didn't create a grouping or a filter for this particular bit of info.

Community Advisor

The text mode shared by Randy is useful for understanding to which project an issue was converted. 

It sounds like you just want a filter on your issue report to show a list of issues that have not yet been converted or vice versa. Use Resolving Object ID is Blank to see issues not yet converted; or Resolving Object ID is not Blank to see issues that have been converted. 

Alternatively you can use the same logic in a conditional formatting rule to highlight issues if they haven't yet been converted. 

WE_0-1664461522504.png

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf