Développer ma barre des réalisations de la Communauté.

Is there a field in an issue to see if it has been converted to a project?

Level 1

Creating report of all open issues/requests to ensure nothing has slipped through the cracks. Is there a way to see on an ISSUE report if the issue was converted to a project? I figured out the project report will tell what issue it came from, but I want the other way around.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

I had the same question this morning.

That would be here in the API:

"resolveOpTaskID": null,
"resolveProjectID": "62a123580086e5385d09bd8a06cdda96",
"resolveTaskID": null,
"resolvingObjCode": "PROJ",
"resolvingObjID": "62a123580086e5385d09bd8a06cdda96",

The code for your request is:

displayname=Resolving Object
namekey=view.relatedcolumn
textmode=true
valuefield=resolveProject:name
valueformat=HTML

Field name came Courtesy of William English

Level 1

Do I add one of these by text mode in the grouping of my existing issue report? If so how do I use the other?

Community Advisor

You would add this as a column on an issue report via text mode. This is the quickest way to see if an issue was converted to a project.

I didn't create a grouping or a filter for this particular bit of info.

Level 1

thank you!!

Community Advisor

The text mode shared by Randy is useful for understanding to which project an issue was converted. 

It sounds like you just want a filter on your issue report to show a list of issues that have not yet been converted or vice versa. Use Resolving Object ID is Blank to see issues not yet converted; or Resolving Object ID is not Blank to see issues that have been converted. 

Alternatively you can use the same logic in a conditional formatting rule to highlight issues if they haven't yet been converted. 

WE_0-1664461522504.png

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 1

thank you so much!