Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I format a number to include commas? For example, I'd like to show 7654321 as $7,654,321

Level 2

How do I format a number to include commas? For example, I'd like to show 7654321 as $7,654,321

7 Replies

Level 7

Hi John,

It's based on the displayformat. As an example:

aggregator.displayformat=currencyStringCurrency

aggregator.function=SUM

aggregator.valueexpression=SUB({actualAmount}, {plannedAmount})

aggregator.valueformat=compound

displayname=Running Value of Open PO's

linkedname=direct

textmode=true

valueformat=customNumberAsString

Give that a try.

Hope this helps,

Teale

Level 2

Thanks Teale!

Is that Legacy Fusion code? If so, where do I enter that? Is that under-the-covers code?

Level 7

Hi John,

This is standard textmode code that you input when you click Switch to Textmode in the report module.

I typically start by selecting a field that I want to perform the calculation on and add the Sum function to it. Then I click Switch to Textmode and change my valuefield to a valueexpression. In the case of my example, I am subtracting the Actual Amount from the Planned Amount of an expense on the project.

0694X00000At4oDQAR.png

0694X00000At4oIQAR.png

Does that help?

Level 2

I understand what you're saying, but cannot find that in Legacy Fusion 1.0.

Can you screenshot a bit more, showing me how to navigate there?

Level 7

Sure, here's step by step... BTW, I'm not in Fusion. I'm in the reporting module in Workfront so maybe that's the disconnect?

1 - Open the Reports page - Select this icon from the Main Menu

0694X00000At4zVQAR.png2 - Click New Report - Select the type of report - I selected Project for this example

0694X00000At50TQAR.png

3 - Click Add a Column in the bottom left of the screen

0694X00000At50YQAR.png4 - Start typing the field name that you want in the new column - then click on the name

0694X00000At50nQAB.png5 - Click the column heading and in the body of the report view you'll see the Summarize this column by drop-down - Select "Sum"

0694X00000At51lQAB.png

0694X00000At51CQAR.png

That alone will format the field into currency with comma's when you run the report. Looks like this.

0694X00000At53cQAB.pngI'm unfamiliar with Fusion so maybe this isn't the correct approach for you. If you want to provide some screenshots that might help me to determine if we're working in the same place.

Best -

Teale

Level 4

John,

I couldn't find a function to do this in Legacy Fusion. Crazy as it sounds, you might try writing the number to a Google sheet cell, formatting it, converting it to text, and reading it back.

~Jeff

Level 2

Woah, not crazy at all!

I'll try it right now!!!