Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Has Anyone Taken Any Workfront Certification Exams?

Level 2

Workfront Community,

I was looking into the different Workfront certification exams and possibility taking at least one, and was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips regarding them.

Thanks in advance,

Jared Mauch

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I took my certification virtually. They were pretty strict. It's best if you're in a room where you can clearly show that the walls and other surfaces are bare and clean. Even my water bottle had to be transparent. They do not let you plug in any external monitors either. And you do need to be on camera the whole time.

My coworker tried to do it at work, and he failed to connect since our work has added security on the internet connection, so be aware of that kind of thing as well, like maybe having to disconnect from VPN, etc.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I took my certification virtually. They were pretty strict. It's best if you're in a room where you can clearly show that the walls and other surfaces are bare and clean. Even my water bottle had to be transparent. They do not let you plug in any external monitors either. And you do need to be on camera the whole time.

My coworker tried to do it at work, and he failed to connect since our work has added security on the internet connection, so be aware of that kind of thing as well, like maybe having to disconnect from VPN, etc.

Level 2

Hi Skye,

Thanks for the insight! I hadn't thought about the situation with walls and other surfaces being an issue. I'll plan on booking a conference room in our office since those have the barest walls and for some peace and quiet. Hopefully our company's network won't cause any connection/security issues.

Community Advisor

I know one of my co workers got caught in the company network and had to reschedule his test. He was able to reuse the same appointment but just bear in mind that the testing company was really pushing to charge him a second testing fee. So it's important that you have all your ducks organized.

Community Advisor

Even when doing virtually you have to show a government issued ID. My wallet was stolen right before my test and I had no other form of ID that they would accept like work badge or bank cards, etc. Has to be drivers license or passport. They wouldn't let me signup for another test without repaying even when I pushed them on it.