Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can I hide or move built in reports?

Level 10

There is no option that I can find for a System Administrator to hide or move built in reports. They are mucking up my view and I want them out of my sight. It makes my list of reports way too long. Anybody know a secret on how to move them out of the main area, or do I have to create a folder and move all the rest of my actual and real 1000 reports that I do want to see into a new folder and look at that folder instead?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

LOL I know what you mean. But if it's just that they are mucking up YOUR view (as opposed to users accidentally using them) ... can you just filter them out? I usually add "entered by ID is blank" to any filter I make so in addition to filtering for whatever I want at that moment, I'm also filtering out the system reports at the same time.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

LOL I know what you mean. But if it's just that they are mucking up YOUR view (as opposed to users accidentally using them) ... can you just filter them out? I usually add "entered by ID is blank" to any filter I make so in addition to filtering for whatever I want at that moment, I'm also filtering out the system reports at the same time.

Level 10

Thanks Skye that was the filter I couldn't figure out.

Kundan - separating into folders makes sense but those built in reports cannot be moved into a folder and they can't be deleted!

Level 7

I came up with the same solution as Skye, I've got a 'DMD Created' filter that's simply my default. I do wish there were a way to make them truly go away though, maybe in the future those will be more like blueprints where we can install the ones that are relevant to the functionality we use rather than the entire kitchen sink.

Katherine

Level 10

Hi @Jill Ackerman‚

I agree with Skye, at our place we separated by folders with respect to business entities. Also, created a separate folder which collects all report that does not require to be visible, for example as delete. But, sure we have to be aware that those are shared now. Also, created filter to sort them out.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 6

There is a "Global ID" field that is filled in only for the system default reports. If you filter for Global ID > Is Blank then you'll not see any of them!

-Trevor

Level 10

Nice one Trevor,

Also (for The Bold), I also took a run at deleting built in report via the API using a few different hammers I had on my workbench, but was rebuked on each with "You do not have sufficient access to delete this Report", so filtering it shall be (at least for now)....

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

You can also limit the ability to view built-in reports via the Access settings0694X00000EN8XYQA1.png