Expand my Community achievements bar.

I've forgotten how I hid certain form sections

Level 2

Help! I created this form maybe 4 years ago that is part of a Request Queue.  Certain sections are hidden from non-Admins as part of the request. I believe the way I implemented it years ago is that the rest of the form will not display to non-Admins until an API call fetches data and my custom field  "Fusion Update Status" is set to Updated. 

After the change to the new Form builder, I can't seem to look up the logic that suppresses certain form sections.

For the most part, each section is behaving according to design. For example, this is what a working section looks like in Form builder : 

gardensurfer_1-1727806507708.png... however I can't see the logic anywhere for why my users can't see this or what makes it visible to the user later. 

This new section - sandwiched in between sections that are behaving properly -  is *not* behaving, and so Requesters can see the section when making the request, and they shouldn't:  

gardensurfer_0-1727806207214.png

This is how it's set up in Form builder: 

gardensurfer_2-1727806656832.png

I should mention that this section is not only new, but it contains all-new fields. Can anyone point me to where I can look up the visibility rules for each section so that I can duplicate that display logic for this new section? 

Thank you!

2 Replies

Level 9

You are in the correct place, but your screenshots show that there is no form section logic applied to those sections. This is a screenshot of one of my forms that has a section logic applied to it. You should see your configuration right below 'users with this access to...' area. 

Honestly it looks like something wiped out your form logic at some point. I did that to myself recently by moving form sections around forgetting the logic is read top to bottom and I moved the 'hidden' section above the one that had the field it depended on.

The only other time I've seen this was when the new form designer was being rolled out, but the form logic feature wasn't quite ready. I tried to adopt it when it showed up in my Prod environment (too early, as it turned out), and it wound up completely wiping ALL the form logic from the entire thing. 

KatherineLa_0-1727810678349.png

Level 2

Thank you. You were right. 

You know what my mistake was? I was looking at a similar but different form! Appreciate the response!