Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Q&A Coffee Break on 4th September at 8 am PT with Journey Optimizer experts Aaron Forest, Justin Grover, Keara Fausett and Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

How to enable overriding execution field in journeys

Level 2

Hi,

We have a use-case where we want to run an email campaign via journey from a custom upload audience. When we are creating the journey, we don't see an option to overwrite the execution field at all.
We are trying to follow this : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/journey-optimizer/using/configuration/primary-email-addre...

Is there a way we have to enable this option of overwrite execution field, so that I can use the email address from the custom audience upload? 

Thanks,
Swastika.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Click on the email and in the properties select the eye icon to show the email parameter override section.

SatheeskannaK_0-1722544444245.png

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@swastika_lal1 When you import the audience using custom audience upload it will get mapped to identityMap.email.0.id.

If you want to use this field for targeting you should first enable it on the experience platform section under data sources. Once the field is enabled on the experience platform field group use the expression to retrieve value from the map type on the email parameter override section in the email message properties. Example expression to be used in the email parameter override #{ExperiencePlatform.ProfileFieldGroup.profile.identityMap.entry('email').first().id}

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2

Thank you for responding, @SatheeskannaK ! I don't see an option of email parameter override itself in the email message properties in my journey.

Can this be an access issue or we need to enable something on channel level to see this option?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Click on the email and in the properties select the eye icon to show the email parameter override section.

SatheeskannaK_0-1722544444245.png

Thanks, Sathees