Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Q&A Coffee Break on 1st October at 8 am PT with Journey Optimizer experts Amarnath Vannarath, Ariel Sultan, Arthur Lacroix and Sandra Hausmann.

custom action payload not pulling the timeseries data

Community Advisor

We have a journey where we want to include the last transaction date in the payload from timeseries schema that we sent via custom action. We use the following function to pull the last transaction date,

(#{ExperiencePlatform.testFieldGroup.profile.timeSeriesEvents.last().abcCorp.transaction.transactionDate})

But when we see the resulting data it's not pulling the date and always returning nothing. This is happening with all of the fields within timeseries schema.

Is there any other way to get the value from timeseries data within advanced expression while we use custom action?

Thanks, Sathees

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Employee

Accessing events via yyy.profile.timeSeriesEvents.zzz will not work.

Only way to access event payload for personalization is to start the journey with an event.

Community Advisor

The journey that we use has read segment instead of event. Is there any workaround on how to get the value from timeseries data that we can send via custom action payload?

Thanks, Sathees

Community Advisor

@SatheeskannaK 

If the computed attribute doesn't resolve the issue, utilize the query service to aggregate event-level data according to the requirements. Store this aggregated data in a profile-enabled dataset created using the XDM Individual profile schema, schedule the query. This approach enables the essential event data to be stored as profile data, allowing its utilization within a custom payload in a journey that has read audience.

Employee

Note - In order to use scheduled queries for aggregating event data at profile level, the customer must have data distiller license

Community Advisor

Thanks @dugganab @Anuhya-Y

The first thing with computed attributes is that they may not work for me as I need to analyze data from a look-back period of over a year. Computed attributes typically have a maximum look-back period of six months.

@Anuhya-Y I agree that the approach of using scheduled queries will work. However, the issue is that I have many data points that I need to include with the payload. I looking forward to something that needs to be developed within AJO to manage time series data while dealing with payload.

Thank you both for your input/suggestions.

Thanks, Sathees