Expand my Community achievements bar.

Understanding what the HTML converter does

Level 1

Hi,

We are trying to understand which changes the HTML converter makes exactly, when uploading a .zip or HTML file to AJO.

The goal would be to provide an HTML version that is adapted for the editor and wouldn't need any conversion to avoid any losses in layout or structure.

I couldn't find any documentation on this.

Kind regards,

Stephan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @StephanDi1 , The HTML converter will usually try to adapt the HTML to the Email Designer content components (if adaptable). Otherwise (in most cases) HTML is adaptable and it will be editable as a whole not as different components.

To be honest, our HTMLs were never able to leverage the Email Designer content components and we don't usually use this feature. We either created it from scratch or imported HTML without adaptation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your answer.
The main goal is to import our HTMLs and then be able to create reusable fragments and make use of some features (customizable fragments, etc.). 

So according to you, there is no way of creating an HTML that would leverage the email diesgner content components without needing to use the converter button (which may mess with layout or structure)?

I would still like to see some documentation on what is going on behind the scenes when this button is pressed, though.

Administrator

Hi @Pradeep_Kumar_Srivastav,

Can you please help @StephanDi1 further with their query?

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa