Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

Clarification with Read Audience and Audience Qualification

Level 3

Hi! I have a doubt about those activities regarding new entrances. Imagine I have Audience A with 100 profiles.

Journey 1 with Allow re-entrance disabled: Starts with a Read Audience scheduled each 1 day.

----> 1st shot: 100 profiles

During the day, 2 new persons enters the A audience

-----> 2nd shot: 102? or 2?

I know Audience Qualification only applies for new enters or exits, but my question is the amount of profiles 2nd shot will trigger, 102 or only the 2 new? In case only the 2 new, what's the difference of using Read Audience or Audience Qualification? Audience Qualification is in real-time? Thanks.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Audience qualification is for unitary journeys and read audience is for batch journeys.

• If you need only the delta records to enter the journey since the last execution, incremental read option needs to be toggled on. From your example, only 2 records will enter on the second execution in this scenario.
  • If the expectation is to let all the profiles currently in the audience enter the journey for every run, incremental read option needs to be toggled off. From your example, 102 records will enter on the second execution in this scenario.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

@Silvio6, For the 2nd shot it will be 2 profiles that will be entering the journey. Refer this documentation when you're using read audience,

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/orchestrate-journeys/manage-journey/...

SatheeskannaK_0-1707957332709.png

For audience qualification - It happens in real-time as soon as the profile qualifies for the defined audience it will enter in the journey. Refer this documentation.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/orchestrate-journeys/about-journey-b...

• If the selected audience is streamed, the individuals belonging to this audience will potentially enter the journey in real-time. If the audience is batch, people newly qualified for this audience will potentially enter the journey when the audience calculation is executed on Adobe Experience Platform.

SatheeskannaK_1-1707957498992.png

Thanks, Sathees

Correct answer by
Employee

Audience qualification is for unitary journeys and read audience is for batch journeys.

• If you need only the delta records to enter the journey since the last execution, incremental read option needs to be toggled on. From your example, only 2 records will enter on the second execution in this scenario.
  • If the expectation is to let all the profiles currently in the audience enter the journey for every run, incremental read option needs to be toggled off. From your example, 102 records will enter on the second execution in this scenario.

Level 1

Hi - when building out a journey starting with a Read Audience activity, am I able to include an audience qualification activity later in the same journey? It gives me the ability to drag and drop the activity on the canvas so there doesn't seem to be a restriction however I am having trouble understanding why that is supported yet I can't drag and drop or introduce a read audience activity more than once.

Community Advisor

@marliehouston 

Could you please share more details on the use-case where the read segment needs to be used multiple times in a journey?

AJO focuses on one-on-one communications, it allows for flexibility within journeys. Even though a "Read Segment" might be used, each user's navigation path can be unique based on their actions. The journey adapts and guides users based on their specific choices.

Imagine a "Read Segment" introduces a new product to Users 1 and 2. User 2 might complete the journey and exit quickly, while User 1 might take a different path through the journey based on their interactions.

If you're transitioning from a legacy system to AJO, a simple "lift and shift" of campaigns isn't recommended.

Before building journeys, create the target audiences in AEP, Utilize the pre-defined audiences from AEP within your AJO journeys for more efficient targeting.

Level 1

Hi Anuhya,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I don't have a use case for needing to use a read audience activity multiple times in a journey, but what I am trying to understand is why I am able to use an audience qualification activity multiple times in a journey that is already started with a read audience activity.

Based on what you said, if I am selecting a single audience to start my journey, why is the audience qualification available for me to add to my canvas?

I am just trying to understand the purpose of that when it comes to tool functionality. Why would there be an option to qualify persons from another audience?

In my screenshot below it's not a real journey I am using for anything other than to just show you that the tool let's me use multiple audience activities which goes against documentation.

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 6.36.31 AM.png

Community Advisor

Think of a scenario,  A brand launches a new product and wants to offer a discount to users who visit the new product page on their website after receiving an email about the launch. Audience qualification can help identify these users.Screenshot 2024-04-30 171436.png

Level 1

Okay this is super helpful- thank you! 

so just to confirm I can reference audience 1 in the read audience activity, and then reference a separate, streaming audience 2 that’s unrelated to the first audience in the audience qualification activity?

Community Advisor

yes, that is the right understanding.