Expand my Community achievements bar.

Track JS Clicked Element

Community Advisor

I am new to Target and have been trying to create an activity like an A/B test to track CTA clicks.

My CTA is in accordion cards, with a use case like whenever a user hit "More Information" then the detail about the respective product will expand in accordion and will also show a primary CTA button (named XYZ PRODUCT), actually navigating to the product link. 

jsvasu_0-1670433839377.png

However, when I am trying to set the Goal metric by selecting the clicked elements that I want to track then I am unable to HIT to expand this "More Information" button to select my JS primary CTA (named XYZ PRODUCT). Any suggestions will be helpful to understand this. 

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @JyotiSharmaV  When you click on "Clicked an element" , you land to VEC to select the element. Now you need to click Browse button inorder to navigate to your primary CTA (like you do in web browser). Once you get the CTA  in VEC, click back to compose mode and then select the primary CTA as your goal metric.

LordOfTheRings_0-1670483741779.png

Let me know if that helps!

Community Advisor

@ambikaTewari_ATCI there is one problem here. I am unable to expand the accordion "More Information" If I edit my HTML container to add one CTA Link above "More Information (AS PER SCREENSHOT).

The purpose is to check if users are directly clicking CTA "ABC" product link right above the accordion or if they are actually expanding "More Information" to read details & then clicking secondary CTA "ABC" to navigate to the product.   

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 4.04.47 PM.png

However, I am able to browse and expand and select my secondary CTA that appears after clicking "More Information" if and only if I don't add a CTA link above More Information.

Hope I explained well to make you understand

Administrator

Thanks for your question here @JyotiSharmaV j, and thanks @ambikaTewari_ATCI for your thoughtful guidance here! I know this question is a few months old but in case anyone wants to try to take a stab at it to close it out with deeper insights, please do  Cheers!

CC our brilliant Advisors:  , and 

and our inspiring Mentors:  @abhilashsape@Gokul_Agiwal@Rajneesh_Gautam_@PratheepArunRaj, and @Sneha-Parmar