Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Integrate Launch with AEM 6.4

Level 10

How do I integrate Launch with AEM 6.4? I used to use DTM with AEM previously, but I'd like to start using Launch.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can use the guide here to setup the integration.

Integrate AEM with Adobe Launch Via Adobe I/O

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can use the guide here to setup the integration.

Integrate AEM with Adobe Launch Via Adobe I/O

Level 1
the link that you shared above shows how to integrate for e new property but what if you have DTM container that needed to migrate to Adobe Launch, what do you need to do in AEM side, does the developer update the script or is is updated as soon as you press "upgrade to Launch" button"

Level 1

I read the guide about the integration with Launch via Adobe I/O. Does it work in AEM 6.3?  In other words, how to integrate Adobe Launch with AEM 6.3?

Level 2

Same question for me, how to do it with AEM 6.3?

Employee

Thanks for the interest, glad you hear you are wanting to get Launch running on your AEM instance.  AEM 6.3 had a native integration with DTM and 6.4 has one with Launch.  If upgrading to v6.4 is not an option right now, you can contact your AEM account representative about  requesting a new Feature Pack be back ported to a prior version.

Level 2

Thanks Brandon!

Could you maybe also tell me what the actual integration does? Does it import the js files into AEM or does it still write out the CND url

Thanks,

Roy

Employee Advisor

If you are using 6.3 with Launch, I suggest using Adobe's CDN and just pasting the embed codes in your global header and footer (if using sync embed codes).

Employee Advisor

Here's a recently authored guide on how to get Launch working with AEM 6.3: Integrate AEM 6.3 with Adobe Launch

Level 4

I followed this tutorial for 6.4. I verified token successfully and see Launch added dtm script in we-retail header automatically after the configuration.

However I don't see javascript alert being shown on the page.

Is there any way to debug this why the alert is not being shown

Employee Advisor

If you see the Launch embed codes in the we-retail source code you are almost there! Do you see the correct Launch property details when you open the Experience Cloud Debugger? Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger - Chrome Web Store

If not, check the Network tab in your Dev Tools to make sure the Launch js file is loading. If there is a 404 error, it's usually because you haven't published anything to the Environment whose embed code URL you are using.