Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Limitation of time in external signal of workflow through API

Level 3

Hi all,

We want to create a transactional message of welcome when a new customer register in our ecommerce tool, creating the profile in adobe and targeting the transactional message to that profile.

Our idea was creating a workflow with a external signal called by the API from the ecommerce tool, in that workflow, to create the profile and call the event of Adobe which sends the transactional message targeting the profile. But we have found that there are a limit of , at least, 10 minutes to call the external signal.. 

This action is allowed once in 10 minutes
Error while executing the method 'HandleTrigger' of service 'xtk:workflow'.

Is any way of managing this? We just want to call one API, not two, one for creating the profile and another for sending the transactional message.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi LAR,

So in general, you don't want to kick off workflows more than once every 10 minutes as many workflows need some time to complete and they can be resource intensive. This is why triggers and message center exist.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/communication-channels/transactional...

That said, you could reach out to Campaign Support and Adobe Ops may (and I stress may) be able to reduce this a bit from the back-end.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi LAR,

So in general, you don't want to kick off workflows more than once every 10 minutes as many workflows need some time to complete and they can be resource intensive. This is why triggers and message center exist.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/communication-channels/transactional...

That said, you could reach out to Campaign Support and Adobe Ops may (and I stress may) be able to reduce this a bit from the back-end.