Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Exclude bounced email addresses in query

Level 2

Hi all,

I think hard bounces are automatically excluded in email deliveries. However, I would like to exclude them in my query beforehand. Is there an easy way to do that in a workflow?

Until now I used the exlusion logs. But when the email address of a profile changes, the profile is still excluded. So I  have to compare the email address that bounced with the email address of the profile.

Thanks,

Lara Vlasblom

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@LaraVl You can have a target query that looks at the profiles needed to enter into the workflow and add another query that looks for addressStatus resource to filter the hardbounce records needed and apply the exclusion activity to the outcome of query activity with the addressStatus query activity outcome.

SatheeskannaK_0-1721167444551.png

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@LaraVl You can have a target query that looks at the profiles needed to enter into the workflow and add another query that looks for addressStatus resource to filter the hardbounce records needed and apply the exclusion activity to the outcome of query activity with the addressStatus query activity outcome.

SatheeskannaK_0-1721167444551.png

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2

Thanks Sathees, this seems to work! Please review if I used the exclusion in a correct way.

• I defined the profiles as the primary set.
  • Then I used 'joins' as exclusion method and joined the emailaddress from the addressStatus table with the emailaddress from the Profile table. 

LaraVl_0-1721912607741.png

Thanks, Lara

Community Advisor

@LaraVl Glad that it's working. You're on the right path! Everything looks perfect.

Thanks, Sathees