Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

MID and DPID

Level 3

Hi,

Can someone please explain to me what if an MID value is fired on a site level, do we need the DPID as well or MID is a replacement for that?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello There,

MID is the Experience Cloud ID similar to UUID and this is not a replacement to DPID.

DPID is your custom identifier to uniquely identify any user and MID is the device level ID which gets assigned to one browser/device when a user visits the website.

You can work with MID only when it comes to sharing data across Adobe Experience Cloud Solutions i.e. Analytis, AAM, Target and Campaign. If your website has Experience Cloud ID Service implemented then you can use MID as well to target a device and if you want to target users then you need DPID.

I hope this helps, please feel free to revert if you have any further question.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hello There,

MID is the Experience Cloud ID similar to UUID and this is not a replacement to DPID.

DPID is your custom identifier to uniquely identify any user and MID is the device level ID which gets assigned to one browser/device when a user visits the website.

You can work with MID only when it comes to sharing data across Adobe Experience Cloud Solutions i.e. Analytis, AAM, Target and Campaign. If your website has Experience Cloud ID Service implemented then you can use MID as well to target a device and if you want to target users then you need DPID.

I hope this helps, please feel free to revert if you have any further question.

Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.  Do we need DPID to target the ad via an ad server?   Would that impact the numbers on the ad server by any chance? 

Thanks

Employee

Hi TimeIndicator

When it comes targeting via an adserver,audience manager have built in integrations with more than 200+  DSPs and these destinations are setup from the backend. We need not pass DPID explicitly.

However,when it comes to data collection via pixel calls,there are certain mandatory parameter which one must use while implementing pixel calls.Below is the document you can refer for more information:

Collecting media data in AAM using pixeling the creative method

Regards,

Shweta