Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Q: Calculated metric - running total percentage of browsers visited

Level 2

Hello, Lets assume that on our site developments teams tests its application with browsers that consist at least 80% of traffic on any given time. Now I should only know what they those browsers are, and tell them, right

I can easily list the percentage share of each browser, but how to make a calculated metric that would list the browsers needed to break that 80% threshold. For example on the snip attached the last browser would be Safari 13.0.5

Of course i could always tell team to count them by themselves, or use take csv-file but im looking for more elegant way... 

Thanks tr 

browser_running_total.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Create a calculated metric with the cumulative function. While it will not allow you to filter the list automatically, it will definitely help build the table you shared in the screenshot.

---

Help make Adobe Analytics better, vote for the ideas:

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Create a calculated metric with the cumulative function. While it will not allow you to filter the list automatically, it will definitely help build the table you shared in the screenshot.

---

Help make Adobe Analytics better, vote for the ideas:

Level 2

Thanks Andrey,
I have used cumulative function using dates before succesfully, but with this case my approach did not work.

I checked your link once again, and it stated, that "Since it's ordered by the dimension it's only useful on dimensions that have a natural order like date or path length." so to my understanding my case cannot be solved, as my dimension is not 'Day', 'Month' but rather 'Browser' which doesnt have a natural order. What i get, see below. On dates it works fine, but Browser cumulative table does not make any sense

BR, tr

browser percentage.JPG

Level 10
Yes, you are right, the cumulative function will not work with this dimension. Sorry for pointing you to a wrong direction.