Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Direct last touch channel with campaign attribution

Level 3

We are seeing utm_campaign parameters related to paid campaigns in the drill down for visits from a last touch channel of direct. I read this post https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/marketing-channels-proble... and made sure our direct channel was not set to override which it is not. Should we be seeing paid campaigns in Direct visits?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This is expected when the expiration of tracking code is not set to number of days. That will cause the tracking code to persist in the next visit even if the visitor arrives using a direct channel. If the expiration is set to visit, I will advise reaching out to Customer Care who will help you review the Marketing Channels and processing rules.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This is expected when the expiration of tracking code is not set to number of days. That will cause the tracking code to persist in the next visit even if the visitor arrives using a direct channel. If the expiration is set to visit, I will advise reaching out to Customer Care who will help you review the Marketing Channels and processing rules.