Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Workfront For MS Teams App

Level 4

Hi all, is anyone still using the Workfront for Teams app, and if so, what's your feedback on it? Is it worth it? I'll need to get our IT group to approve this as a third-party Teams app.

I'd like to try it for our users, esp. those who aren't in Workfront all day. Hoping it will improve efficiency as they respond to updates, make requests, etc. right from Teams.

I'm a bit hesitant because it hasn't been re-branded from the orange Workfront to the red Adobe Workfront, so wondering if it gets any attention from them.

And sorry, I found an old thread on this topic and replied to it the other day, but didn't see it appear here when searching by "Most Recent", so hence the new thread.

Thanks! James

3 Replies

Community Advisor

James,

We used it at my previous company and had a pretty good usage rate, about 60% of the marketers were doing work from Teams.  Recap of pros/cons we saw:

Pros:

• Users like managers/Leads that weren't in WF all that much but members needed their approvals on lots of things loved it as they made those reviews and approvals from Teams.
  • We used Updates a ton for communication if people tagged you, they pop up in Teams and you can respond quickly
  • IF members requested access to your project, task, report, etc the request popped in Teams to approve.
  • You can set what notifications you want to see within Teams, they are different settings than what you have in WF.  This allowed users to choose what in Teams they wanted to see and act on.
  • Users can fill out requests from this app

Cons

• You can get a lot of notifications in Teams (depending on if you changed anything) and if you have lots of work going on
  • The request panel is a little small so if you have a big form to fill out might not be as easy for users

Level 1

Hi James, I use it all the time, it is very easy to use, and I find it great to be able to quickly look at a notification to see if I need to deal with it now, or later, but also be able to do a quick reply from the app. We've told other users about it, and they also find it a great way to manage their notifications and responses. 

I don't get pop-up notifications in teams every time one comes in, just the app icon changes, so I know something is there and can choose when to look at it.  It is pretty much my go-to for checking on Workfront notifications.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Debbie.

Community Advisor

I introduced it to my users and people managers really love it. They aren't usually tied to projects and spend a lot of time communicating with their team and other leads via Teams so this meets them where they are. I often train everyone to turn off email notifications if they are going to use Teams so they don't have to be notified twice. It's also great for casual users that need to submit a request without the "hassle" of logging in.