Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

User Report by Job Role (primary and secondary)

Community Advisor

Hi gang! Trying to figure out how many users we have associated with each job role (not just number, but names too). When I pull a user report with a filter of job role name is not blank, user is active and group it by job role name, evidently this only brings back primary job roles, it doesn't take into account any secondary job role. How can I also have visibility into secondary job role? So for example if I'm associated with A and B roles, I should show in the report under the A and B groupings.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey Madalyn,

Hope you are keeping well!

I'm not sure you'll be able to achieve that with a user-based report. A user report will only pull in a user once, it won't display them twice under different groupings. The only option you have with this type of report is to show all of the roles each user has in one of your report columns.

A better approach might be to use a Job Role report, and adding a user collection as a column within your view using the following text mode:

displayname=Users
listdelimiter=<br>
listmethod=nested(userRoles).lists
shortview=true
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression={user}.{name}
valueformat=HTML

This would display all of the users associated with each job role, regardless of whether it is a primary or secondary role.

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey Madalyn,

Hope you are keeping well!

I'm not sure you'll be able to achieve that with a user-based report. A user report will only pull in a user once, it won't display them twice under different groupings. The only option you have with this type of report is to show all of the roles each user has in one of your report columns.

A better approach might be to use a Job Role report, and adding a user collection as a column within your view using the following text mode:

displayname=Users
listdelimiter=<br>
listmethod=nested(userRoles).lists
shortview=true
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression={user}.{name}
valueformat=HTML

This would display all of the users associated with each job role, regardless of whether it is a primary or secondary role.

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Rich.

Community Advisor

You're a peach. This is beautiful. I added a column that shows of who are the active users that are assigned.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )