Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

user assigned to task available hours

Level 3

is there a way to have a task report that when it pulls in the current user assigned to that task, it display how many hours they might have for the day?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Absolutely!!  Here's the link with the recording and the presentation.  Thanks for tagging me in!

March 2nd [Event Follow-up] Navigating the Resource Management Toolset 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, are you asking for the planned hours for those tasks to also show in your task report? If so, you can add the task planned hours as a column...not quite sure what you're asking, can you clarify?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 3

I am a PM, that shares design and writer resources with other PM's, when i'm looking at a task that is assigned to a writer, i'd like to see how many available hours that person might have left in their capacity for that day regardless of the task i have assigned to them. The issue is, with several PM's using the same resources, we end up moving a task, and over loading the design/writer resource, and you can't see that overload unless you are refreshing the workload tool constantly. it would be easier if it was built in to projects to see if that person is overloaded at a glance. 

Community Advisor

Have you looked into using any of WF's resource management tools like Workload Balancer, Planner or Utilization tools? You can pull multiple teams/users into these and see what they're assigned to and be able to check their planned hours/due dates/etc so you're not overbooking resources. I recommend the Workload Balancer.
There's a great overview article on these here with links to more specifics within.

@CynthiaBoon I was looking for the recording of the very recent webinar all about the resource management tools, can you help me locate and post here?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Correct answer by
Employee

Absolutely!!  Here's the link with the recording and the presentation.  Thanks for tagging me in!

March 2nd [Event Follow-up] Navigating the Resource Management Toolset 

Level 3

thanks @Madalyn_Destafney but i'm looking to write some simple text to pull the total available hours for the person who's assigned to a task for that same day as the task is assigned to. as i said in my previous post, we have several PM's working with the same resources, and if a PM's task pushes a day it could put the a designers or writer over hours for the day, and there is nothing in WF to inform us of this happening without checking the workload balancer and even then it could change at any time during the day. I think it would be helpful to see the task, and who's assign and if they are over hours so we can adjust the task time or move a another task.