Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Text Mode Question: How can I get multiple line entries combined in to one row?

Level 5

I am probably not wording this correctly, but I am making a proof report and it lists the name of the approver for each proof, which is great except that one proof can have 10 people on the current stage and therefore makes 10 rows for the same document. Is there a way (with text mode) that I can tell the report to list all of those names in the one row with each name divided by a comma and space? I am pretty sure I have seen this done on other uses but can't think of where I saw it.

Right now I am just using the standard default code for approver. Anyone know what tweaks I can make to this to get the results I am looking for?

descriptionkey=approver

link.linkproperty.0.name=ID

link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=approverID

link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=string

link.lookup=link.view

link.value=nested(approver).val(objCode)

namekey=approver

querysort=approver:lastName

valuefield=approver:name

valueformat=HTML

width=100

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 7

Hi Tracy,

I don't think this is possible on a proof approval report, but if you do a document report and add filters for proof and pending approval:

0694X00000DTVrjQAH.jpgThen you can add a column for approvers:

displayname=Approvers

listdelimiter=<div>

listmethod=nested(approvals).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valuefield=approver:name

valueformat=HTML

Not exactly what you were looking for, but hope this helps!

Level 7

Hi Tracy -

You'd need to change the object that the report is associated with and pull the data as a "collection" using a valueexpression instead of just placing the individual field in a column.

For example, if I want to pull a data from a specific task in a collection, I would create a Project report and use textmode code to tell the system what to pull from the task. Here's an example, likely not very useful for you since it's not Proof related but hopefully it helps.

listdelimiter=<div>

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({milestoneID}="5b27d511002cd8d7dd9124d43f4870b8",CONCAT({plannedStartDate}, ", ",{actualStartDate}))

valueformat=HTML

Best -

Teale