Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Task Report: See Who Updated Specific Field

Level 3

Is there a way to see who last updated a specific field in task? The field in question should only be updated by a specific person however we cannot control who updates it. Therefore, we need an easy way to track who updated that field in a report. I'd like to be able to track that from a Task Report if possible. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@ty-simpson If you go into Setup > Interface > Update Feeds, under the Tracked Fields section, you can add the field by selecting it from the field library. If it's a native field in Workfront, you would select it from the Built-in Fields tab vs it being a Custom Field. Then, you'll be able to see who updated that field in the Updates area and use a Note/Journal report to pull that in. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I think for the most part, you should talk to your system admin about this one too, Ty. Have them reference this documentation

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/set-up-wf/system-tr...

Either way, it's a little finagly to get it from a task report, but you might try getting it off a journal entry report if your need's great.

Community Advisor

In the task report field settings, you can choose to include it in your activity feed when an update is made, pretty sure. I think after that it would be easier to run a journal entry report on updates to that field.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@ty-simpson If you go into Setup > Interface > Update Feeds, under the Tracked Fields section, you can add the field by selecting it from the field library. If it's a native field in Workfront, you would select it from the Built-in Fields tab vs it being a Custom Field. Then, you'll be able to see who updated that field in the Updates area and use a Note/Journal report to pull that in.