Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is anyone using Power Bi and WF together?

Level 1

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 9

Following - we've been interested in doing this for a while now. I did some of the pre-work and identified some of our key values and standardized the naming.

We haven't quite made the leap yet, mostly because lack of resources.

Level 2

We are using PowerBI as a reporting/display layer over our Workfront data. Using the WF API key, we make calls to Workfront every 30-minutes to pull data in a large JSON file and then transform that data in PowerBI to slice, filter, and visualize that data to suit our business needs. We heavily utilize the milestone pathway to standardize our projects so that we can compare their timelines side by side even with differing task names (think Gantt charts, etc.).

Level 1

Hi, How did you connect Workfront to PowerBI because we are trying to connect both the tools using API key but unfortunately it is not authenticating. I am not sure if we are going in right way. Could you please help me? 

Thanks in advance!