Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Share if...Setting to share projects automatically

Level 8

Is there a way to share a project to a team, group, or company when a user within that team/group/company is assigned?

I suspect this is something Fusion might solve, but we don't have Fusion.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You may be able to adjust the rules as outlined here to fit your needs. Outside of that, or templates as previously mentioned, you're correct. Fusion would be another route to accomplish this. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hello Lyndsy,

when working with project templates you can define the sharing settings for new projects based on that template.

In the general project preferences or specifically for a group you can define, that users are not allowed to create projects without using a template.

Regards

Lars

Level 8

I considered the project sharing setting in the template; I use that function frequently. However there is no consistent link to the types of templates that these users will participate in.

I suspect my project owners are going to have to continue to manually share individual projects.

Correct answer by
Employee

You may be able to adjust the rules as outlined here to fit your needs. Outside of that, or templates as previously mentioned, you're correct. Fusion would be another route to accomplish this. 

Level 8

Oh my! Those project rules are delightful—but they don't get me where I need to be for this particular case. If there was a comparable function for tasks, that would probably accomplish what I need. In this case, I could say, "If someone is assigned to a task, grant their team/group/company access to the project." So I created an idea and would love for folks to upvote: Allow rules for Tasks like Projects in Access Leve... - Adobe Experience League Community - 670598