Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom Reminder Notification - Project Update/Comment Object

Level 8

Has anyone created a reminder notification for when an update/comment has gone unanswered after 1 business day?

I checked the Email Reminder Notifications in setup but didn't see any way to target a notification to update/comment.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You're correct that it's not natively a functionality in WF, you only have:

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1714683677621.png

And reminder notifications are for objects with a due date. Do you have Fusion? I wonder if possible through that, however it would still be hard to target. If you tag someone in an update, it doesn't mean there is always a response warranted, so would be hard to set up scenarios when you need a reminder and when you don't.
It could be cool to bring in the remind function on Updates like they have on Document Approvals...

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You're correct that it's not natively a functionality in WF, you only have:

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1714683677621.png

And reminder notifications are for objects with a due date. Do you have Fusion? I wonder if possible through that, however it would still be hard to target. If you tag someone in an update, it doesn't mean there is always a response warranted, so would be hard to set up scenarios when you need a reminder and when you don't.
It could be cool to bring in the remind function on Updates like they have on Document Approvals...

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 8

We do have Fusion, but that sounds painful. Good point on the @mentioning. Thanks, Madalyn!