Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

RuntimeError [422] name cannot be null (Adobe Workfront Fusion)

Level 3

What might cause the error "RuntimeError [422] name cannot be null" in Adobe Workfront Fusion?

Working through the "initial-scenario-design-walkthrough" found on:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront-learn/tutorials-workfront/fusion/understand-the-ba...

all goes well and exactly as instructed; however, when I attempt to run the scenario I get the following error:  

shane_mckinney_0-1676668400483.png
Note: I have attempted deleting and re-entering/re-saving the module "Create Workfront project" a few times without luck.

The field values are set exactly as suggested in the tutorial:

Get project list (runs successfully)

shane_mckinney_3-1676668710345.png

Parse project list (runs successfully):

shane_mckinney_2-1676668642896.png

Create Workfront project (fails to run)

shane_mckinney_1-1676668604073.png

Each time I attempt to run the scenario the same error is produced. 

Leveraging DEV Tools I have been able to determine that my company has a strict Content Security Policy (CSP) in place, which produces CSP related errors when selecting "Run once." To work around this I set the scheduling to ON, which automatically kicks off the run and appears to bypass the CSP issues. But then the "RuntimeError [422] name cannot be null" error occurs. I am not certain if the CSP could still be causing the issue (?), I also will try this on a non-company asset at my first opportunity.

Any insight on the "RuntimeError [422] name cannot be null" error would be helpful. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Resolution found.

Incorrect instructions were provided in the Adobe tutorial. (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront-learn/tutorials-workfront/fusion/understand-the-ba...)

Incorrect (screenshot from the tutorial):

shane_mckinney_2-1676993970284.png

Correct:

shane_mckinney_1-1676993839510.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

The Name field for a project is required in that 3rd module, its not obvious, but that is the reason.  Select Name as one of the output field then input what you want to call the project in the Name field.

Community Advisor

Sorry, didn't see that last graphic, you do have Name.  I did something similar with creating users, in your second module I chose Other instead of comma and it opens a second field where you can input the character for the delimiter, which I input ,

I feel like a consultant told me that method works better for some reason, see if that helps.

Level 3

Thank you for your reply. I attempted this and unfortunately, I ended up with the same result.

adjusted as suggested:

shane_mckinney_0-1676905935031.png

result:

shane_mckinney_1-1676906019056.png

second module:

shane_mckinney_2-1676906062823.png

third module results:

shane_mckinney_3-1676906156936.png

Additionally, I was able to rule out CSP being the issue. 
Any other ideas, being this is a demo/tutorial I am hopeful for additional insight from this community. 

Community Advisor

Shane, it has to be the fields you're using from the spreadsheet to create the project name.  Do any of the items in those fields you're using have any special characters, e.g. Black & Decker or Test/Project #1?  Or are you doing any calculations on the Excel field to create a name and then trying to paste that into Workfront as the name?

Level 3

That makes a lot of sense, yet, I don't actually see any special characters in the NAME Column (column 1).

screenshot:

shane_mckinney_0-1676913231757.png

Note: I am using the exercise file (_Fusion2020_Project List) directly downloaded from Adobe.

File location: 
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront-learn/tutorials-workfront/fusion/welcome-to-workfr...

Correct answer by
Level 3

Resolution found.

Incorrect instructions were provided in the Adobe tutorial. (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront-learn/tutorials-workfront/fusion/understand-the-ba...)

Incorrect (screenshot from the tutorial):

shane_mckinney_2-1676993970284.png

Correct:

shane_mckinney_1-1676993839510.png

Level 4

Thanks @shane_mckinney  and @Kurt_Jones for your research on this. That I have updated the training materials to make it clear which columns are the correct ones to map to.

It looks like a Fusion update that provided column names based on the CSV file also left in labels for columns 1-6, which didn't map to what they had mapped to before.