Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Forced Notifications via Template Sponsor or Resource Manager?

Level 4

Hey all - trying to give my Director of UI/UX automatic email notifications for conversations on tasks. I'm looking for something OTHER than tagging to enable this. Is the best way to achieve this to just assign my Director to all the tasks on a given template and ask others to leave him there as a secondary assignee on the task even if someone else is actually working on it? 

I would love to find a way to drive some email notifications from the template level when projects are created to automatically give him access to the 'updates' on tasks. But - i'm trying to achieve this without having to rely on someone tagging him. The emails that say 'you are now a project owner' aren't particularly helpful, so those aren't the emails i'm concerned with him getting. It's mainly for him to have the ability to jump in conversation with a developer if a task needs him to jump in. Lately, our Director has been finding out about things only when they are escalated to him and he's really wanting to get ahead of things sooner.

Thanks for any insight!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

HI Olivia,

The best option here would be to subscribe your Director to the tasks that they want to receive notifications for conversations on. You can read more about subscribing here.

Unfortunately, you're not able to add a subscription at the template level for it to auto-carry over onto projects. Unless you have Workfront Fusion, the project owner or Director would need to manually subscribe themselves to the tasks they wanted updates on. If you do have Fusion, however, this could be easily achieved. An automation could be developed that would watch for all new tasks with a specific template task ID and auto-subscribe people to those tasks.

Best Regards,

Rich. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

HI Olivia,

The best option here would be to subscribe your Director to the tasks that they want to receive notifications for conversations on. You can read more about subscribing here.

Unfortunately, you're not able to add a subscription at the template level for it to auto-carry over onto projects. Unless you have Workfront Fusion, the project owner or Director would need to manually subscribe themselves to the tasks they wanted updates on. If you do have Fusion, however, this could be easily achieved. An automation could be developed that would watch for all new tasks with a specific template task ID and auto-subscribe people to those tasks.

Best Regards,

Rich. 

Level 4

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Rich. Very helpful.