Expand my Community achievements bar.

Request approval notification

Level 2

This should be a simple option but I cannot find it.   We use Issue approval processes on requests.  When a requestor submits a request, the approval process starts automatically.  We would like for a notification to be sent back to the original requestor once the approval process has been completed.  The notice should say whether the request was approved or rejected.  This email notice seems to be missing from the list of notifications.  The only notice a requestor seems to get after submitting is once a request has been converted into a project, or once the coverted project is completed. However, not all of our requests that have approval processes get converted into projects. So we need a way to provide notice.  Has anyone found a solution perhaps using Fusion, or can anyone poiunt me in the direction within setup where we can turn on issue approval decision notifications?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

We use fusion for this.

The default notifications types are to the person assigned rather than the person that submitted it. So unless they are assigning themselves they won't get a notification to the issue when it's approved.

I have a flow that creates a status update on the object after it's been approved that tags, the person who entered it, the person assigned, and any other users. 

Community Advisor

Issue

Approval decision

User that the issue is assigned to

An issue I resolve is approved or rejected.

The assignee of an issue receives an email notification when an approval decision is made (approved or rejected).

Users with a Light or Review license do not receive a notification.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/manage-wf/emails/ev...