Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Open Requests on Cancelled Projects

Level 4

I have a slew of items sitting in My Open Requests that are associated with projects that are cancelled or otherwise complete. Is there a way to get these requests to close or cancel automatically, without having to individually change the status of each one?  TIA!

AnnaHolder_0-1720032754126.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yeah, that can be a pain. I imagine they're all in Canceled or Dead (or similar) status projects since you can't have open issues in a project in Complete status. To get rid of them you'll have to go to the projects they live in and change the status to Planning or something, delete or change status of the issues as needed (in an equivalent status of dead of complete), then change the project status back to what it was.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yeah, that can be a pain. I imagine they're all in Canceled or Dead (or similar) status projects since you can't have open issues in a project in Complete status. To get rid of them you'll have to go to the projects they live in and change the status to Planning or something, delete or change status of the issues as needed (in an equivalent status of dead of complete), then change the project status back to what it was.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 4

Oof, that's what I was afraid of. Thank you for confirming and explaining the steps, @Madalyn_Destafney !

Level 4

A slew sounds like a lot. Is it possible it’s happening to more requesters than just you? Any chance you can get a little admin help? If this was going on in my instance, I’d at least set up time to coach my users to change their filter to one that filters out all the “rubbish” (i.e. use a different report to this. Maybe even create a replacement dashboard as a custom section)

I think it’s also worth it to open a case with Support and ask what the reasoning is and why there’s such a lack of parity between submitted requests and assigned work (which only shows and notifies if the project is in an open status)

Level 4

Those are great suggestions, @skyeh, thanks for helping me think outside the box. I've reached out to our system admins to see if we can explore an alternative solution as recommended. Thanks!