Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Proof Comments from Notifications

Level 2

When someone comments in a proof, the person that has been tagged in the proof receives an email notification, which takes them directly inside the proof and they can reply.  However, if they rely on their system notifications in WF, it takes them to the "Update" section for the proof.  They were thinking they could reply in the update, and the update would be made in the proof.  So they are frustrated the email notification and the system notification takes them to two different places; which to them makes the system notification pointless.

Would love to hear a valid argument to offer my co-worker.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't know about anyone else, but I think your co-worker has a valid point. Inconsistency in user experience is a frustrating and confusing experience especially since a lot of users are either new or perpetually inexperienced, and more so if their only role is to review proofs. This can cause further confusion downstream, and really hamper adoption as well as being a waste of time (spent chasing dead ends). Could you help me understand -- are you trying to talk the coworker out of their viewpoint? or are you trying to give them ammunition to escalate it further? (what kind of valid argument -- pro or con?)

We recently submitted a similar-sounding case to Workfront Support team. I don't think it's exactly what your co-worker is experiencing because it sounds like yours is an email notification about being tagged (??), but we have a similar objection, to the experience of responding to an proof comment via email vs clicking on a link to respond in-app. Like other admins and SMEs, I've gotten questions from users about "where to find a response to a proof comment in the proof", and that's why I mention the confusion, time waste, and impact to adoption.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't know about anyone else, but I think your co-worker has a valid point. Inconsistency in user experience is a frustrating and confusing experience especially since a lot of users are either new or perpetually inexperienced, and more so if their only role is to review proofs. This can cause further confusion downstream, and really hamper adoption as well as being a waste of time (spent chasing dead ends). Could you help me understand -- are you trying to talk the coworker out of their viewpoint? or are you trying to give them ammunition to escalate it further? (what kind of valid argument -- pro or con?)

We recently submitted a similar-sounding case to Workfront Support team. I don't think it's exactly what your co-worker is experiencing because it sounds like yours is an email notification about being tagged (??), but we have a similar objection, to the experience of responding to an proof comment via email vs clicking on a link to respond in-app. Like other admins and SMEs, I've gotten questions from users about "where to find a response to a proof comment in the proof", and that's why I mention the confusion, time waste, and impact to adoption.