Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Project Complete Status

Level 4

Hello,

Sorry for the simple questions- I'm trying to find to option where I can mark a Project Complete once the last task has been marked as complete. I have tried to find it, but can't seem to find it.

Also, if I want to give our users the option to edit the request form after they've submitted the request, where do I give them access to do that please.

thank you,

Jennifer

Thank you,

Jennifer

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Jennifer,

I agree with Richard's answer on marking a project complete.

As for your second question, the person who submits the request can edit their request at any time by clicking into their request (found on Requests I've Submitted) and clicking Edit Custom Form or by clicking the pencil icon (in the new experience) when viewing the Issue Details. If the request has been converted into a project and they want to edit the project version of the custom form, the project will need to be shared with them giving them Contribute access, making sure to check the box for Edit Custom Form in the advanced settings in sharing. Note - if they only have a reviewer or requestor license they will not be able to edit the project custom form. They need a Work or Plan license.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Jennifer,

You can mark a project as complete one of two ways:

1. If the 'completion mode' of your project (configured in the project settings) is set to 'manual', you can manually mark the project as complete by simply clicking on the project status and from the drop down menu change the status to 'complete'.
  2. If the 'completion mode' of your project is set to 'automatic', Workfront will automatically mark your project as complete when the last task or issue of the project completes

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 4

Thank you Richard.

I'm trying to find where exactly I go to change the setting. I'm in NWE.

I went to Setup/Project Preferences then clicked on each of the tabs, but cannot find the option. Can you please guide me?

thank you,

Jennifer

Level 4

Hi,

Found it! thank you. Realize now it's in the overall project settings.

thank you!

Jennifer

Level 7

The one caveat to using the 'Automatic' setting is that it can lead to user frustration if they have a project marked 'Complete' but need to go back and add a forgotten task. They'll get stuck in a loop where they set it to Current, and Workfront will immediately mark it Complete since all the existing tasks are already 100%.

If it makes sense in your environment, or for a particular team, the project preferences in Setup can be configured to allow 'Add and edit tasks' after a project is marked Complete/Dead to mitigate this quirk. The user would then be able to add the task, then mark the project Current again.

Katherine

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Jennifer,

I agree with Richard's answer on marking a project complete.

As for your second question, the person who submits the request can edit their request at any time by clicking into their request (found on Requests I've Submitted) and clicking Edit Custom Form or by clicking the pencil icon (in the new experience) when viewing the Issue Details. If the request has been converted into a project and they want to edit the project version of the custom form, the project will need to be shared with them giving them Contribute access, making sure to check the box for Edit Custom Form in the advanced settings in sharing. Note - if they only have a reviewer or requestor license they will not be able to edit the project custom form. They need a Work or Plan license.