Expand my Community achievements bar.

Note Report for Project Updates

Community Advisor

A new ask has come about twice now, and I'm wondering if there's a cleaner way to pull this report. My users are looking for a report that can pull all up the notes in the project updates area. ie this

I want to take it a step further and group it by thread so that you can see the conversations with replies as well as the single updates. I'm also looking for the text mode to include who was tagged on the note.

Eventually once I get this to work, I will add the report as a custom tab on projects so that it's available to the team at all times.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 8

Here is the text mode to show who was tagged in the note:

displayname=Tagged

listdelimiter=<div>

listmethod=nested(tags).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valuefield=user:name

valueformat=HTML

I haven't figured out the grouping yet

Level 8

The field for the thread grouping is Parent Note -> Note Text, but it doesn't group as expected. Try it out and see if that sparks any ideas.

Community Advisor

Thanks Adina. I was exploring with Parent Note but couldn't anything that helped with navigating the report better. The Tagged collection is perfect!

Level 1

Hey there! I stumbled upon this thread looking for a similar solution, and @Adina Pierce‚ your text mode for tagged column is perfect. Was wondering if I could ask how you'd go about creating a text mode filter to filter the tagged column for contains $$USER.ID?

We're relatively new to Workfront, but it would be such a benefit to provide certain PMs with a report that collects all of their tagged notes. I can make individual user reports using Note Text contains "FirstName LastName" but it'd be great to generate a report that works off of user ID so we don't have to build out individually.

Level 1

I answered my own question (whoops) - but here's a filter in case it helps anybody else! Works great with Adina's column :)

noteText=$$USER.name

noteText_Mod=cicontains