Expand my Community achievements bar.

New People - Add

Level 3
I need to add 100 people to Workfront without licenses for now. We are adding these people and are not sure what licenses they will need. Want to get as much upfront work done as possible, so all I have left to do is add their licenses. They won't start using Workfront until January. Becky Grosh Humana
17 Replies

Level 10
Hi: I would upload them using a spreadsheet and give them a temporary / reviewer license and then later mass edit to change license type. Does that help at all? Eric

Level 10
Use the import function to add folks in bulk. It's a fairly simple process. Download the template, set the permission level as requestor and then upload. Michael Lebowitz Marketing Analyst Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com T 904-436-4240 | M 904-200-1364 Fax 904-565-6156 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy DCC 800-4-272 Jacksonville, FL 32246

Level 10
Beck, if I am not mistaken they will automatically get the Requestor license once entered. You can always bulk edit and change licenses based on need. Susan

Level 10
What he said LOL! Michael Lebowitz Marketing Analyst Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com T 904-436-4240 | M 904-200-1364 Fax 904-565-6156 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy DCC 800-4-272 Jacksonville, FL 32246

Level 3
I haven't ever uploaded a spreadsheet to Workfront to add people. Would you mind giving me some instructions. Becky Grosh Humana

Level 10
Hi: Go to People; Go to Import people (dropdown menu); Click SAMPLE FILE; The sample file is unique to your implementation of WorkFront, my Sample File has no meaning in your system; Add: First Name (column A) Last Name (Column B) Email address (Column C) SSO Login ID (if you are using SSO) Access Level (Column E), select from a list of access levels in the lower part of Column F Go back to WorkFront People, Import People; Click 3. Upload Updated File "Choose File" Work any issues it identifies; It's that easy! Eric

Level 10
For some reason, WorkFront's community software messed up my outline – pushing everything into a single level. Argh! Eric

Level 6
The Import People process does have a few quirks, like how it defaults all new users to your Home Group. (You may want them to be in a different home group) Here are some things I do for myself: Home Group: Workfront appears to default all new users to my home group. Federation ID: We use number IDs for our SSO (ex. 12345). When I use the spreadsheet, Workfront appends a ".0" to each number (ex. 12345.0), so I manually need to remove the ".0" from all users Company/Home Team: These are blank Enable SAML: For SSO Update Notification Settings: I have documented what notifications my users should have. I also made a People filter with [Entry Date] = "This Month" to easily find the new users. Vincent Goodwin The Capital Group Companies

Level 3
Thank you all, I got the people imported. I had about 20 people that did not import. The message was that their email was already in use. I checked under People to see if they were there and they were not. So I may have to enter them individually. Unless there are any more suggestions. Becky Grosh Humana

Level 10
Becky – What I do is create a report of all email addresses (and other information) and export that. I include all userIDs, deactivated and active. Then I do a VLOOKUP in Excel to find out where an email in my import spreadsheet exists in the export from WorkFront. That tells me immediately which person, usually deactivated, is using the email I want to import. Alternatively, you could create a report in WorkFront that shows you user information for a given email address. You'd have to manually enter all email addresses that bounced. That would work too. Does that help at all? Thanks, Eric

Level 8
If it says their email is already in use, it might not necessarily be in your system – it could be on another instance. What we had to do for those users is to change the email address to use uppercase for the first letter, then the system will take it. For example: john@workfront.com would become John@workfront.com . Adina

Level 10
What? The email address has to be unique globally? Oh no.... Eric

Level 10
Yes, we have another part of the company that exclusively uses ProofHQ premium. The same email address cannot be used for our Workfront & the ProofHQ instance. We have folks that have to be in both systems and it created a problem at first. Michael Lebowitz Marketing Analyst Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com T 904-436-4240 | M 904-200-1364 Fax 904-565-6156 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy DCC 800-4-272 Jacksonville, FL 32246

Level 8
Yeah, I submitted it as a bug years ago but it was never fixed, and I can't remember the reason why.

Level 4
The user email has to be unique on the cluster. As consultants on many instances we use either plus addresses or fixed aliases for each client. If you log into your cluster like cl01.my.workfront.com with your email address and password it will log you into your instance. So they are using the email address as a primary key. SSO usernames also need to be unique on an instance. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com Helpful? Buy me a coffee: https://www.patreon.com/mlayten - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 4
Most email systems will ignore all the characters after a "+" in a valid email address. You can have one Workfront account with you@yourcompany.com and another Workfront account with you+otherYou@yourcompany.com. The logins are unique, but Workfront generated emails for both accounts will all go to you@yourcompany.com, where they can be filtered based on the To value. This works intra and inter instance. This is what Workfront consultants do when they need an account in a customer system. I can confirm that this works for GMail. Your mileage may vary. ~Jeff Jeff Rieth Fujifilm Medical Systems

Level 10
Heather in Tech Support told me the same thing – we can use the Plus sign followed by anything to keep email addresses unique across your cluster. Eric