Expand my Community achievements bar.

Project Manager cannot see new team member in order to assign tasks to them

Level 2

I have a project manager who has an intern that just cam onboard and she needs tasks assigned to her. I am the sys admin and added the new user to the Adobe Admin Console, as we have recently moved all user management for Workfront over to it. I gave the new intern a Workfront license on the Admin Console, went into Workfront and updated her teams and groups to what was requested by the project manager, and assumed it was done. But when I am logged in as the project manager in question, I am unable to even pull up the intern's name in order to assign her to a task. But under my sys admin role, I can find her just fine. Is there something that i am missing that I need to do, or is this an Adobe Support ticket?

Thank you,

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, does the new user have access to the project(s) where he/she needs to be assigned? Even though the user is in the instance, maybe that project hasn't been shared with the intern's group/team/etc.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

So, even though the intern is in the same team and group as the manager, if the intern isn't given access to the project, then they cannot be searched for to assign them a task?

Community Advisor

Didn't realize the intern is the same group and team as the manager. I assume this team and/or group has access to the projects in question? And so does the PM that is trying to assign tasks to the intern? If so, I think there must be some kind of disconnect bc admin console and users in WF, sorry I'm not much help here I don't have experience in the admin console. If you're certain the users perms/access level/etc. are correct then it must be something either on the PM's side that can't pull up the user (since you as sys admin can) or the console side.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Turns out that it was an issue with the intern not having a company assigned to their account, and that was preventing their director from seeing them. I would have never considered that to be an issue. Ultimately, I had two options: Assign the intern a company (the proper one), or disable the requirement for users to have a company assigned to their account in order to see them. I opted with the former, because there might be some particular reason that we have that option enabled prior to my taking over the Admin role.

Thanks again for helping out!