Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issue with Proofing Privileges when adding new versions

Level 5

We have someone who adds proofs who is out of the office for a few days. Knowing this, they changed the ownership of the proof to another user. This new owner cannot add new versions (but can upload as a new proof). The original owner has Admin proof permissions in their Workfront user setup, so I brought the new owner up to Admin (from Supervisor) as well. Still didn't work. The original owner logged in from her vacation and was able to add the new version.

What do we need to do to make it so the new owner can update versions as backup for the original owner (who is responsible for getting the first pdf added)? I've looked at the permissions documentation and a few other pieces of information but was uncertain why it isn't working if the new owner is both the owner and is set up with Admin privileges.

Any ideas before I kick this to Support?

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Yeah that's really strange. I have users that specifically have Supervisor permissions for the sole reason that they'll often need to upload new versions of proofs they're not the creator of. You'd think admin permission would allow the user to do anything. Did you revise the user's permissions AFTER the proof was created though? If so I wonder if it's something that is only effective for proofs created after the permissions was changed. I'd ask Support.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )