Expand my Community achievements bar.

It's Workfront Wednesday! This week covers sending messages to your users with the Announcement Center!

Level 2

Did you know? You can send custom announcements to the users in your Workfront instance using the Announcement Center!

The Announcement Center is accessed through the notification icon, which is right beside your avatar picture in the global navigation bar. If you are a system administrator, you've likely noticed you receive messages directly from Workfront. The icon turns blue to let you know you have unread messages. These announcements tell you about release features, upcoming webinars, and planned maintenance within the system, to name a few. Designated system administrators are the only users who receive these announcements from Workfront.

However, you can share these messages with your users - whether it be all users, a select group or an individual. You can also send custom messages, with announcements important to your organization's work. See here to learn more! Kara Trapp Manager, Modern Work Enablement - Customer Programs Workfront

6 Replies

Level 9
Hi Kara! Thanks for the tip. Is there a report that shows what notifications are enabled per user? I'd like to use this feature, but I believe more than a handful have turned off that notification option in their personal settings.

Level 6
Hey Christina, There isn't a way to pull a report to find out who has what enabled but you can bulk edit your users so that everything you want is enabled for them. If you do go through and bulk edit your users, I would recommend sending a notification letting your users know you did that so that if they don't want it enabled, they can speak with you about why they don't. Let me know if this answers your question and if you have any follow-ups! Have a great day, Trevor Pierce Workfront

Level 7
I've used this here at BMS to send out weekly "Did You Know" columns to folks. To make sure that they're cogent and useful for all groups, I created license-level based "announcement teams," so that way Reviewers aren't confused about the additional information Planners require. It's been very popular within BMS. As a test, one of our first involved showing people how to add their photo to their profiles....which increased the amount of human faces in our instance. Wow. I'm responding to a "Did You Know?" talking about our "Did You Know?" columns. How meta. -j John O'Sullivan Bristol-Myers Squibb Company

Level 2
Ha ha! Very meta!! Thanks for sharing, John - we love hearing that you've launched your own"Did You Know" effort! Kara Trapp Manager, Modern Work Enablement - Customer Programs Workfront

Level 6
We too have been using Announcements to share some Workfront Tips & Tricks articles and videos that we've been creating for our users. So far all have been well received. Thanks, M.L. M.L. de la Rosa Genentech

Level 4
I love this functionality. It's great for sending out tips and job aids. It keeps everything about Workfront in Workfront. thanks! Jennifer Miklasz Fidelity International