Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Hello all, I have a couple of reporting/custom form questions and hope someone out there might have some insight.

Level 4

I would like to create a unique task report that uses a custom form attached to the task that can provide specific information needed on a report that will be sent to stakeholders. First, I would like to have a notes field that can be populated at the report stage that can be updated but also saved like a last note, so we can have the history of the notes for historical reference. I don't want to have to go into the task to make the note if at all possible. Second, I would like to have a custom field that will have an icon similar to the status icons that can also be changed at the report level without changing the actual task status. I have tried to make a calculated field or even a field that would use the value as an icon but no luck. FYI I know I can do this when I build a report but I cannot change it at the report level with advance options. Any help would be appreciated if it is a NO you can't do this. Thank you in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Dawnmarie!

Probably not the answers you were looking for, but...

1 - At the current moment, you can't do a status update from a report. However, there might be a workaround for you, but it depends if you need separate reporting on historical data. In Workfront, you can do a custom field and add the setting "Display field changes in update feeds". That way every time it is edited, there is something added to the update stream with a time stamp and the information provided. However, it isn't a "real note" so it isn't reportable in a note report. (Hope that makes sense).

2 - For this one, I'm not 100% sure it is a no, but I know you can't do it via conditional formatting in Advanced Options once you pick an icon. (Not sure why since you can still edit when it is a text or background change). But maybe someone knows some trick with text mode that can fix that issue. (As for calculated fields, they are never editable from a report)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Dawnmarie!

Probably not the answers you were looking for, but...

1 - At the current moment, you can't do a status update from a report. However, there might be a workaround for you, but it depends if you need separate reporting on historical data. In Workfront, you can do a custom field and add the setting "Display field changes in update feeds". That way every time it is edited, there is something added to the update stream with a time stamp and the information provided. However, it isn't a "real note" so it isn't reportable in a note report. (Hope that makes sense).

2 - For this one, I'm not 100% sure it is a no, but I know you can't do it via conditional formatting in Advanced Options once you pick an icon. (Not sure why since you can still edit when it is a text or background change). But maybe someone knows some trick with text mode that can fix that issue. (As for calculated fields, they are never editable from a report)

Level 4

Thank you for your response. I kind of thought the answer to both would be no but figured I'd ask just in case. I think I will do a workaround and save out the reports for the historical aspect. I will give it more consideration and see what works best. Thank you again. =D