Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Does anyone have any workarounds or suggestions for adding a proof approver filter on a document report?

Former Community Member

We need to use a document report to add custom status notes for proofs but want to be able to pull in Proof Approval > Approver ID similar to a proof approval report.

It doesn't work copying over in text mode and we can't locate anything similar except for adding proofs based on that project's sponsor or owner.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Our goal is to allow our teams to add notes stating who the proof is with for review or other information inline without having to click into each proof. We can't add the custom form that is editable inline to a Proof Approval report.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10

Does it have to be a document report? A doc approval report might give you what you're looking for.

Former Community Member

Thanks so much for the idea! Unfortunately, that report type doesn't let us track documents turned into proofs.

Level 10

I have some text mode that might help. But it is for a document version object type (because the hierarchy is proof approval, document version, document, and then etc. etc.)

It is Proofs Pending Your Approval on Current Projects

EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=DOCU

EXISTS:1:ID=FIELD:documentID

EXISTS:1:project:status=CUR

EXISTS:1:project:status_Mod=in

EXISTS:2:$$OBJCODE=PRFAPL

EXISTS:2:approverID=$$USER.ID

EXISTS:2:documentVersionID=FIELD:ID

isCurrentVersion=true

isCurrentVersion_Mod=eq

proofDecision=pending

proofDecision_Mod=cieq

proofID_Mod=notblank

If that doesn't work, the issue you are running into is that approvers are on document versions. So you will need to look at the options in Current Version when looking at a document report. (And since a proof can have multiple approvers, not sure you can get to it via the wizard.

Community Advisor

I'd like to help but our company doesn't use Proof approvals (we use document approvals). The following appears to work (in our system) and has the right syntax for a proof approval, so you can try it in your system if you like! I'm curious to know if it would work.

(this is a column in a view)

displayname=Approvers

listdelimiter=<br>

listmethod=nested(currentVersion.proofApprovals).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=CONCAT({approver}.{name}," | ",{approverDecision})

valueformat=HTML

Employee

That does work on a document report Skye. Thanks for the suggestion!

Level 3

This is amazing! I've been looking for a solve for this forever. Thank you.