Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Customizing email alerts

Level 2

‚I am wondering what experience people have had customizing email alerts. We understand how to customize the notifications, and are doing that. But the alerts don't seem editable and are confusing for recipients.

• Many of the links are worded differently but go to the exact same page, so repeating them is confusing
  • The wording is different than what we use on our team - adds to the confusion
  • The layout doesn't work for us -- dark text over dark backgrounds makes it hard to read

Has anyone had success in dealing with these issues?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 5

We have the same problems. Team that with teams don't get some types of notifications and some only go out once at the very beggining of a project. My users are super annoyed by them.

Level 2

Yes, I agree with the above. Also, you cannot send escalation email reminders on issues. This prevents an effective mechanism to enforce SLAs on request queues. please vote for this feature on the idea exchange: https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000XhchAAC/detail.

Level 10

Emails in general seem to fall into to two categories for our users: not enough (e.g., overdue notifications) or confusing (e.g., the email draws attention to one link, but we want them to click on some smaller link on the same email).

Wish we had far more control: timing, repeats, layout, wildcards, calculated, conditions, etc. Wouldn't it be cool if the email reminder system was as robust as reporting/views?

Level 2

Customizing email notifications/event notifications is also a huge priority in our instance. While it is currently marked "Not planned", it might not hurt to upvote the idea linked below. I understand that this would likely take a significant investment of resources to develop, but it would be a game changer for us.

https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000PSKHAA4/detail