Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Cookbook recipe highlight: Most Recent Update

Employee

One of the ten recipes in the Adobe Workfront Customer Reporting Cookbook, “Most Recent Update” submitted by Jonathan Hobbs from Fannie Mae, will give the viewer an abbreviated look (140 character limit) at the last update entered for an object. It also will include who made the entry and when the entry was submitted. This will help any Workfront user who want to keep their “Last Note” column height and width consistent across all rows in a report. Find it on page 6 of the cookbook!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

This is something I would describe as a cooking technique! :) e.g. You were just taught how to grill a steak, but did you know you can also grill fish and vegetables? For new report creators I think it's worth pointing out that similar expressions are possible that will abbreviate other long paragraph fields such as the description fields on projects/tasks/issues.

Employee

Honestly, love this comment. Even I hadn't made the leap to think about how this could apply to OTHER fields! Okay... now I'm cooking with fire!

0694X00000ENWPdQAP.gif

Community Advisor

To really blow your mind, one of our admins uses a similar technique to slice characters off the front of a field. e.g. Our PMs all start off their project names with something like this: "21Q3_Workfront ref ID_Name of project" and William goes in and sets up views that slices off the front noise and only displays "Name of project". This and more available to you at https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=the-new-workfront-experience&topicId=Content%2FRe... 😎

Level 3

Exactly @Skye Hansen‚ !

I also use it for Description fields that can also appear as too long by using this recipe:

DESCRIPTION SUMMARY

displayname=Description Summary

textmode=true

usewidths=true

valueexpression=IF(LEN({description})>140, CONCAT(SUBSTR({description},0,139),"... (open to read more)"), {description})

valueformat=HTML

width=250