Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Branding Your Adobe Workfront - Feature Not Available Anymore

Level 2

Does anyone know why this feature was taken away now that our system was merged with the Adobe Experience Cloud. 

My department really enjoyed the fact that we could customizing the branding to our company.

I tried adjusting this in the Layout Template but that didn't work. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think at the time I was asking about this, it was explained that just as you are not allowed to brand any of the other adobe products (e.g. you can't brand photoshop, illustrator, inDesign, etc.), you also would lose the ability to brand Workfront. Which is sad, but made total sense at the time. Nobody every whinges that you can't brand Microsoft Word, for example.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 8

I still see the branding option in my setup: Setup -> System -> Branding

Level 2

Your lucky then but once your organization is onboarded to Adobe Experience Cloud you will lose this feature. Not sure why, hope to get an answer from the community or Adobe. 

Community Advisor

Ours branding was still intact until one day last week when I noticed our branding was replaced with Adobe's. We were migrated back in February, so it took a while before it happened. 

Community Advisor

@Sheri_Whitten , it was explained to us that the "no branding" aspect is part of the "unified shell". Unified shell is slightly separate to the admin console aspect, so this is probably what you ran up against.

Level 4

Hi there, not sure if this helps with the "why", but wanted to verify that this is the expected experience and not unique to your own instance. On the page Brand your Adobe Workfront instance it specifies "The procedure described on this page applies only to organizations that are not yet onboarded to Adobe Experience Cloud. If your organization has been onboarded to Adobe Experience Cloud, branding is not available."

Level 2

Thank you Jaye! I did see that which is why I'm asking. What other features are we expected to lose with this merger? I don't remember seeing any information or any heads up that we were losing this feature when we were onboarded to Adobe Experience Cloud. 

I guess this something I will need to bring up with our Account Rep. 

Level 4

I think I read that the 'Login As' feature was going away as well.

Hi @CR17506599,

There was a brief period where the 'Login As' feature was not available for Workfront instances that had migrated to the Adobe Admin Console, but that feature was reprioritize and is indeed currently now available in such instances.

Regards,

Doug

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think at the time I was asking about this, it was explained that just as you are not allowed to brand any of the other adobe products (e.g. you can't brand photoshop, illustrator, inDesign, etc.), you also would lose the ability to brand Workfront. Which is sad, but made total sense at the time. Nobody every whinges that you can't brand Microsoft Word, for example.

Level 2

That's the conclusion I came to as well. I appreciate all the replies. 

Level 10

Hello,

Today I also found out, that the branding settings in a layout template are not working any more.

I cannot really understand this decision by Adobe, and also not, that they did not communicate it.

And if what you wrote is still the reason for this decision, I really have to disagree. Workfront is a highly customisable web application, which is instantiated for the respective customer in comparison to native apps like Photoshop and Co.

Regards

Lars