Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Opt-out link associated to subscription list?

Level 4

Hello,

I'd like to add an "one-click opt-out link" to my Email message at subscription level.

Where/how can I associate the subscription list to my message?

Documentation [1] says the following, which suggests it's possible somehow:

Subscription: The opt-out applies to future messages associated with a specific subscription list. This option can only be selected if the current message is associated with a subscription list.

[1] https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/email/email-opt-out.html?lang=en#one...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@maggod,

To associate a subscription list to your email message in Adobe Journey Optimizer, follow these steps:

1. Go to the Journey Optimizer console and open the Email activity that you want to associate the subscription list with.
  2. In the Email parameters section, click the Subscription list field and select the subscription list that you want to associate with the email message.

Once you have associated a subscription list with your email message, you can add an One-click opt-out link to the message

The One-click opt-out link will now appear in the email message. When a user clicks on the link, they will be taken to the page where they can opt-out of the subscription list.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind when adding an One-click opt-out link to your email message.

• The One-click opt-out link should be clearly visible to users.
  • The One-click opt-out link should be easy to click and should take users to a page where they can easily opt-out of the subscription list. The page should have a clear and concise opt-out process, and it should not require users to enter any personal information.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

@maggod looks like it's not specified in the documentation how to include the subscription. I did try a few ways to see if that works but that didn't help. @Ivan_Mironchuk, Can you see if you can help here?

Thanks, Sathees

Employee Advisor

Ivan_Mironchuk_0-1684361170014.png

To allow user to opt-out of a particular subscription, your best option would be to link the out-out to "Landing page" which can be designed/managed within Journey Optimizer. 

External link

External opt-out subscription

External opt-in subscription

All three of the above options here require you to design and host a page that contains profile API calls to opt-in or out the user. 

External opt-out subscription is different from External link as subscription will just out out the user from a particular subscription list, while "External link" is meant to be used to opt out the user from all marketing emails. 

Level 4

Thank you Ivan (and sorry for late reply)

I'm aware of the "external" and landing page functionality.

We don't want to use a landing page and instead rely on the "One-click opt-out" functionality as described in the documentation. The opt out shall affect the subscription.

The opt-out applies to future messages associated with a specific subscription list. This option can only be selected if the current message is associated with a subscription list.

My question is how/where exactly I can associate my current message with a subscription list.

Thanks for your support!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@maggod,

To associate a subscription list to your email message in Adobe Journey Optimizer, follow these steps:

1. Go to the Journey Optimizer console and open the Email activity that you want to associate the subscription list with.
  2. In the Email parameters section, click the Subscription list field and select the subscription list that you want to associate with the email message.

Once you have associated a subscription list with your email message, you can add an One-click opt-out link to the message

The One-click opt-out link will now appear in the email message. When a user clicks on the link, they will be taken to the page where they can opt-out of the subscription list.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind when adding an One-click opt-out link to your email message.

• The One-click opt-out link should be clearly visible to users.
  • The One-click opt-out link should be easy to click and should take users to a page where they can easily opt-out of the subscription list. The page should have a clear and concise opt-out process, and it should not require users to enter any personal information.

Level 4

Hello @akshaaga 

Thanks for your reply.

In "Email parameters" section there is no "Subscription list" field:

maggod_0-1686642950855.png

Its also not documented in https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/email/create-email.html?lang=en

What I'm doing wrong here? 

Employee Advisor

@maggod,

If there is no specific "Subscription list" field in the email parameters section of AJO, it's possible that the association between an email message and a subscription list might work differently. Here are a few alternative options you can explore:

1. Data Sources: AJO allows you to import data from external sources or integrate with other Adobe Experience Cloud products.
  2. Dynamic Content: You can use dynamic content capabilities to personalize the email content based on the recipient's attributes or preferences. 

Employee

You will see the subscription list option for opt out in a journey ONLY if your journey audience starting point is a subscription segment.

Level 4

Thank you @SandeepGeorge10 

@SandeepGeorge10 wrote:

You will see the subscription list option for opt out in a journey ONLY if your journey audience starting point is a subscription segment.

I tried this and it does not work for me. Could you please provide a screenshot how that should look like from your AJO instance?

Administrator

Hi @SandeepGeorge10

Could you please help @maggod further here?

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa